All Around the World
For this assignment, you will be visiting a country you've always wanted
to know more about, via the World Wide Web, and
preparing a short presentation for your classmates. Naturally,
the first thing you should do is to decide which country you'd like to
Your final report should include the following:
- The flag of the country you've chosen
- Two maps - your country, and its region - on overhead transparencies
- Some common phrases a traveler might need to know
- The name of the local currencyand its equivalent in dollars
- How to travel to this destination
- A brief description of the country, including some interesting places
to visit and things to do there
- Any other interesting facts you want to share with your classmates.
(eg: famous people from your country, major exports, etc.)
Here are a number
of places you can begin gathering information about your country:
- The Berkeley Public Library for travel videos about your country,
traditional music etc.
- Your classmates and teachers - maybe there’s an ELP student
from the country you’ve chosen,
or an ELP teacher who has traveled there.
- Why not talk to a resident of the country you've chosen? The
Web of Culture
can provide you with e-mail links to people all over the world who
are interested in communicating with you!
For your class
presentation, please prepare the following:
- A one-page handout containing important information about your
country (see above)
- Overhead transparencies of maps of your country and its region
- Your notes on 3x5 cards. These should be the important facts you'd like
to remember for your presentation, in your own words.
- Optional (but desirable): photographs, pictures of flags etc. (also on OHP transparencies);
any music/videos/visuals which you were able to obtain
- Remember to: begin with an introduction telling us who will do what during your presentation.
Return to Telewriting
This page maintained by Cliff
English Language Program
UC Berkeley Extension
Last updated on March 3, 1998