How Does It Work?
For this assignment, you will first do some
research about a process -
how something works or how to do something -
then summarize and explain your research to
your classmates in a brief talk
Check out the following websites for ideas:
- Want to know how to cure a hangover? Tie a necktie? Jumpstart
a car? Bathe a dog? You will find step-by-step directions to these and
many other processes at this entertaining and informative site.
- At this site, the emphasis is on the scientific and mechanical,
running the gamut from CD players, cars and bicycles to sunlight, elevators
and nuclear weapons!
- Nicely organized into categories such as: things you
see in public; computers and the internet; automotive; and your body.
Preparing for your oral presentation...
- Limit the amount of information you present - go for shorter and simpler!
- Think about how you want to organize your talk
and use appropriate connectors (First...next...after that...)
- Use the blackboard - for new vocabulary words, diagrams, etc.